Common Questions & Answers
How quickly can I see results?
You will get measurable inch loss with each treatment; some patients notice results in the mirror after the second or third treatment. However, a standard treatment protocol consists of 1 to 3 sessions per week for four weeks; each session lasting 80 minutes. To maintain results you may do maintenance treatments at less frequent intervals once desired results are achieved. Or if you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle you will hold your results. Your treatment protocol may differ from above. A free consultation is available to get your specific protocol before purchase.
What happens during a treatment session?
Patients relax in a comfortable position while a trained technician places the two multi laser treatment paddles over the target areas for 10 minute intervals.( up to 60mins) You may read, listen to music or even nap.
Is there discomfort associated with the treatment?
No. Lapex 2000 LipoLaser treatments are completely non-invasive. Patients resume normal activities immediately after the session with no down time. We actually encourage you to workout after your session if possible, this will give you the best results.
Is lipolaser safe?
Yes. Lapex 2000 LipoLaser’s cold, low level laser technology has been studied and used for years for many biomedical purposes including wound healing, pain relief and inflammation.Low levels have been used successfully in private practice for over 30 years and in numerous studies worldwide. To date, there are no known reports of anyone being harmed by a low level laser, which is extremely safe when used correctly.Clinical testing completed in the United States and overseas has shown the LipoLaser maintained an excellent margin of safety throughout multiple treatments on a wide range of patients.
What happens when low level laser hit subcutaneous fatty tissue (adipocytes)?
A low power laser with 658nm wavelength is able to disrupt the external membrane of the fat cell, inducing lipolysis (break down of lipids into free floating fatty acids & glycerol- turns stubborn fat into a soluable form to be broken down and disposed of). After 4 mins of laser exposure, 80% of the fat is released from the cell, at 6 mins 99% of the fat is removed from the cell. The relased fat is collected in the interstial space, where it can be mobilized
What Does Post Body Vibration Do?
The underlying mechanism with the Whole Body Vibration is elicitation of muscular activity. The effects include; increased blood flow, oxygenation and heat with release of hormone responses comparable to that found after resistance exercise. Vibration exercise elicits a mild cardiovascular activity and muscular mechanisms of fatigue, requiring the body to use energy. While fat in the form of Fatty Acids, is a very desirable energy source, it is dependent on the presence of oxygen to be useful.
Whole Body Vibration Acts in 2 Ways: Stimulates muscles, which creates the need for energy. Free Fatty Acids are released by the laser which combine with oxygen and produce the energy needed for these muscles. In circumstances where energy is required by the body more quickly than oxygen can be delivered to the location, the body will switch to its less energy efficient anaerobic system. When the body is using one of its anaerobic energy systems, it cannot utilize Free Fatty Acids, but it will simply generate less energy with a resulting greater depletion rate of glucose. This glucose is obtained from the released Glycerol and its conversion in the liver.
What are Free Fatty Acids and Glycerol?
Free Fatty Acids are the byproducts when an adipocyte is broken and comparable to one of the outcomes of the food digestion process. These are described as “Free” because they can be transported in the bloodstream without the aid of other carriers. Triglyceride is a term that describes a collection of three Fatty Acid molecules bound together with one Glycerol molecule. Each Fatty Acid molecule is an extended chain of carbon and hydrogen atoms. The process of Hydrolysis separates the stored fats into its two separate compounds, Fatty Acids and Glycerol. Glycerol has properties similar to alcohol and sugar; after the release by the adipose tissue, the Glycerol is passed through the bloodstream and returned to the liver for a conversion into a useful energy source–Glucose
Who is the ideal candidate for the LipoLaser treatments?
* Lipo Laser works best for those clients who are already working out, dieting and not seeing results, It's for clients who are starting up a weightloss plan and need a little help or push, It's for clients who have contours, lumps & bumps that need smoothed before events, wedding, etc.
* It works best on client who is at a comfortable weight or at least 15-20lbs from their goal weight - EX: When doing a torso we prefer that your belly button measurement is at or below 40 inches. Not sure; come in and we will measure for you.
*However, studies have demonstrated efficacy for many different body and skin types. Many clients have enjoyed simply cleaning up a naturally curvaceous figure. It is recommended that each patient is evaluated based on body type and lifestyle so that reasonable expectations may be set for the LipoLaser results.
Who is not the ideal candidate for the LipoLaser treatments?
* Its not ideal for necks. and outter thigh areas. The fat in these areas is usually deeper set, than the LipoLaser cant reach and isn't as effective in those areas.
* Clients with loose skin, often times what feels or looks like a fatty layer, is in fact loose skin. This Laser can remove fat from cells and reduce inches, even in an area with loose skin, but it will not tighten the skin signifigantly. Not sure whats - what? Come in for a free consultation and we will make sure this is th best option for you.
* Large tattoos. This is a Laser, and Lasers of any kind do not get along with tattoos. We cannot place the laser paddles over large tattoos or tattoos with very solid black ink. The laser will disprutp the ink in the dermis below and cause damage to the tattoo. We can place the paddles statigically around tattoos, use a suncreen on the ends that may be slightly exposed. This works well for older, smaller tattoos.
* LipoLaser cannot remove or smooth large/excessive amounts of cellulite. It will smooth out some of the smaller lumps and bumps on the thighs, but at the end of the day, it is not a cellulite laser, and will not treat cellulite deep in the tissue. Not sure whats considered excessive? Come in for a free consultation!
* Those who cannot/do not work out at all, with no dietary changes, This treatments success relies on your ability to maintain your results. This means not fluctuationg large amounts of weight, excessive drinking/eating without working out to off set the large calorie intake. You dont have to be perfect, but you do need to be doing something. This treatment leaves the fat cells in your body, and only hits the re-set button so you do need to maintain a healthy life style.
How long will my results last?
Because LipoLaser is different from other invasive forms, by only draining fat cells, as opposed to removing them or killing them, the results will last as long as you are committed to keeping weight off, keeping up with normal exercise and healthy diet. It's like hitting the re-set button on your fat cells, If you do not stay committed, it may not work as well. (This is the same for ANY form of fat removal even invasive Liposuction clients will develop issues if they gain weight), however for those who stay committed and have reasonably healthy lifestyle will be amazed at how easy and affordable it was to remove excess fat pockets, and extra inches that diet and exercise alone won’t budge-once it’s off its easy to keep it off! It is recommended that each patient is evaluated based on body type and lifestyle so that reasonable expectations may be set for the LipoLaser results.
You may not have this treatment if you have any of the following conditions: OR you may need a doctors approval.
* Under the age of 18
* Cannot be medically morbidly obese
* Pregnant or Lactating
* Cannot have an abnormally low Body fat percentage for your size, age & weight.
* Genital Herpes (Or must be on suppressive medication for at least 6 months)
* Uncontrolled Hypertension
* Liver or Kidney Disorders
* Thyroid Gland Dysfunction
* Taking Synthroid or generics of synthroid
* Compromised Immune System
* Cancer or History of Cancer (Must be 10 or more years without recurrence) Can be done before with a doctors approval.
* Photo sensitivty to sun exposure
* Taking drugs that cause photo sensitivity
* Previous liposuction: SmartLipo, Lipo Dissolve, Cold Lipo etc. (resulting in the PERMANENT removal of your fat cells) LipoLaser may not work as effectively on those areas. A test session will be required if you wish to LipoLaser those areas.